Description of Business Development Internship Position:
This paid Business Development internship is appropriate for individuals graduating soon, or recent university graduates. You will learn to develop prospective clients for Polar Design using a combination of traditional and online prospecting techniques, as well as participate in marketing and research activities.
In this position, you will work with closely with Polar’s sales and account management teams to identify new clients as well as strengthen relationships with existing ones using a variety of marketing and sales techniques. In the process, you will acquire a range of skills and experience through contact with production staff and clients.
Candidates who meet objectives during their four month internship may be invited to remain with Polar Design as full time employees.
Position responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop and maintain interactive marketing assets, including online white papers, micro sites, blogs and other lead generation tools
2. Outbound calls to existing clients and prospective clients
3. Use of social media to develop prospects through active search and passive content generation
4. Qualifying new and existing clients
5. Analyze, assess and report on web sites’ design, SEO and overall marketing strengths and weaknesses
6. Get to know clients’ businesses and industries to effectively address their needs
7. Assist the sales team to determine client and potential client needs, and develop a plan to address them
8. Assist account management or sales professionals develop proposals
9. Keep track of business development activity with a customer relationship management (CRM) tool and time tracking tool
* Ambitious and excited by challenges
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Curiosity and strong propensity to question
* Goal oriented and self-motivated
* Good listening skills
* Attention to detail
* Strong writing skills
* 4 Year BS / BA Degree or in pursuit of BS / BA Degree from an Accredited College or University with graduation no later than May, 2012
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Internet utilities.
One month of training with paid stipend upon completion. Internships will then last up to four months paid hourly following successful completion of training. Additional performance incentives paid for meeting internship objectives.
About Polar Design
Founded in 1999, Polar Design (www.polardesign.com) is an established yet growing mid-sized interactive agency in Woburn, MA. Our team of designers, developers, marketers and other staff produce award winning projects — we pride ourselves in solving clients’ communications challenges by providing technology and marketing solutions that address immediate needs as well as long term objectives. We foster a goal oriented culture that measures success based on achieving goals, whether client, company or personal.
Our office is located right on I-93, one exit from Rt. 128/I95, about 15 minutes from downtown Boston and convenient to the Metro North suburbs.
How to Apply:
Please respond by submitting to firstname.lastname@example.org a cover letter, resume/CV, and samples that may include links to past work, samples in PDF format of print or design document writing work, and anything else that you feel sets you apart.
No phone calls, please.