This Interactive Project Manager position is an exciting opportunity to manage the production of cutting-edge, relevant and diverse interactive projects for a variety of clients. Examples include:
- Secure portals and extranets for Benefit Funds, Insurance and other industries
- Custom e-commerce web sites with unique features (e.g., product configurators)
- Advanced online lead generation programs with Google Adwords API integration
- Government web sites
- Facebook and other social media applications, and their integration with web sites
- Mobile applications
You will be responsible for all aspects of project management, including:
- Requirements gathering from clients
- Developing detailed Design Specs of web site and software projects
- Establishing assignments, communicating tasks with in-house and freelance contract employees
- Monitoring project progress and managing staff work to ensure on-time, on-budget project delivery
- Assisting developers overcome obstacles in development
- Ensuring web site quality by both arranging testing by others and engaging in QA
- Regular documentation of projects, from work orders at the start to ensuring employees document project specific
- Meeting monthly billing goals by delivering quality projects on time
This is a growth opportunity: although we offer competitive compensation, and the potential to earn more with time, ideal candidates will be equally attracted by the wide range of unique, custom web software projects we develop and the startups with which we’re deeply engaged. You will deepen your project management experience and understanding of web technologies in e-commerce, social media applications and data security. You’ll have the chance to exercise your creativity in solving clients’ unique marketing or communication needs. Over time, you may also participate in Polar Design’s strategy, product development and consult with clients at a high level.
We are seeking more than an employee, but someone that wants to grow to be a valued, core member of our dynamic, energetic team – a partner and leader, as well as a project manager.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited 4 year university program
- At least 2 years of professional experience managing interactive projects
- Basic understanding of LAMP web development, and IT systems
- Love of learning, and ability to work with minimal supervision or training
- Permission to work in the US
- Strong communicator
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely, with minimal support
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- High integrity and concern for others – a good team player
- Consistency, stability and a strong work ethic
- Motivated financially: interested in executing projects at an optimal intersection of low cost/high qualify and in developing new business from existing clients
These skills are not required but will set you apart:
- IT systems administration experience, particularly dedicated / manager web servers
- Hands-on LAMP web development experience
- Computer science or similar degree
- Knowledge of security and encryption
- SEO experience
About the Company:
Since 1999, Polar Design has built hundreds of complex, custom web and mobile sites, social media apps, and products for e-commerce and social engagement. Current and past clients are as diverse as Shell, Omnicom, Prudential, Genzyme, FEMA, the Massachusetts Laborers Benefit Funds, and a number of startups like GreenParkStudios.com. Polar Design’s specialties include e-commerce sites with product configurators, HIPAA compliant secure portals (e.g., for Taft-Hartley funds), and Facebook applications that combine gaming and rewards.
Polar Design’s work philosophy is based around partnership. We often take a stake in our clients’ projects which means we also take more risk and earn greater rewards. Members of the Polar Design team are directly involved in the benefits, which means we rely on one other to take initiative and responsibility for their results.
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com telling us why you want to join Polar Design and would be a good fit. If you have examples of projects that you have managed, designed or developed in the form of sample code or a portfolio, please send those along too.