Since 1999, Polar Design (www.polardesign.com) has built hundreds of complex, custom web and mobile sites, social media apps, and products for e-commerce and social engagement. We are seeking a senior LAMP developer with solid back-end experience to join our team and help build an even greater team. Candidates should have at least 2 years and up to 10 years of experience, know how to architect before they work, and produce clean code quickly. Flexibility is important as you will by necessity need to learn and understand previous code.
This is a growth opportunity: although we offer competitive compensation, and the potential to earn more with time, ideal candidates will be equally attracted by the wide range of unique, custom web software projects we develop and the startups with which we’re deeply engaged. Current and past clients are as diverse as Shell, Omnicom, Prudential, Genzyme, FEMA, the Massachusetts Laborers Benefit Funds, and a number of startups like AnniesBid.com. Polar Design’s specialties include e-commerce sites with product configurators, HIPAA compliant secure portals (e.g., for Taft-Hartley funds), and Facebook applications that combine gaming and rewards.
Polar Design’s work philosophy is based around partnership. We often take a stake in our clients’ projects which means we also take more risk and earn greater rewards. Members of the Polar Design team are directly involved in the benefits, which means we rely on one other to take initiative and responsibility for their results.
This is an opportunity to extend your skills, be creative, and think out of the box, and have meaningful impact at the company. Over time, the Senior Developer may participate in strategy, product development and consult with clients at a high level. We are seeking more than an employee, but someone that wants to grow to be a valued, core member of our dynamic, energetic team – a partner and leader, as well as a developer.
Are you interested? Here’s what it takes to join our team:
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited 4 year university program
- At least 2 years of professional web development / programming experience in PHP, MySQL
- Strong back-end web development skills (e.g., through code samples, a portfolio of work, technical diagrams, etc.)
- Front-end development skills (HTML5 / CSS3) to fill in with coding as needed
- Love of learning, and ability to work with minimal supervision or training 6. Permission to work in the US
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- High integrity and concern for others – a good team player
- Consistency, stability and a strong work ethic
These skills are not required but will set you apart:
- Familiarity with MVC Pattern in web coding (e.g., Symphony, Zend, etc.)
- Understanding of web site hosting and server technology (both Linux and Windows)
- Comfortable with Adobe Photoshop
- Computer science or similar degree / or additional experience (e.g., 5+ years) in professional LAMP web development / programming
- Web server / networking / IT experience
- Knowledge of security and encryption
About the Company:
Please visit us on the web at http://www.polardesign.com
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume and a cover letter telling us why you want to join Polar Design and would be a good fit. If you have sample code or a portfolio, please send those along too. We will call every candidate that makes a sincere effort!