Polar Design is currently seeking a Technical Application Coordinator who will be responsible for supporting Polar Design’s wide ranging activities in web application development, provisioning, hosting and support. Since our work frequently crosses the IT / application / design / marketing boundaries that exist in other agencies, this position will necessarily expose you to a wide range of tasks and skills. Your core duties will include day-to-day coordination of application development projects and technical support which will involve system administration, customer service, quality assurance / testing, documentation and web development.
Ideal candidates will have some IT and development experience, be flexible, possess exceptional troubleshooting, organizational, and time-management skills.
This is structured as a part time position that can lead to a full time role in account / project management, system administration or development.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Create, manage, and monitor hosting and application issues submitted by both clients and internal team members
- Coordinate and assist developers in problem solving and resolution
- Web application project support, research, and coordination
- QA and testing of web applications
- Prepare requirements and technical architecture documents
- Perform light IT and systems administration work including account setup, troubleshooting, user and domain management backups, DNS configuration, system log analysis, disaster recovery (restoring backed up sites, servers, mail, etc.), and other related tasks
- Front end web coding
- Associate/Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in the following fields:
- Windows system administration
- HTML and CSS
- Customer service or support
- Basic network support
- Experience with Linux
- Database Administration
- Understanding of software development processes and tools like Git and Jira
- Experience with flow chart and other diagram creation
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to solve problems creatively
- Outside the box thinking
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate well with and understand people with diverse personalities and cultural backgrounds
- Responsible and self-driven
Please send us your resume and a cover letter to in response to this posting telling us why you want to join Polar Design and would be a good fit (email to firstname.lastname@example.org ). If you have examples of projects that you have managed, designed or developed in the form of sample code or a portfolio, please send those along too.