What is Unique about Public Access TV Web Design?
Public Access TV stations, also referred to as Community Media centers or Public-Education-Government (PEG) stations, face unique challenges. Stations need to gain and retain awareness in their local communities, motivate residents to participate in generating broadcast programming, and attract resources (e.g., sponsors) for successful operation. Polar Design has a unique web design solution created specifically for PEG statiosn to help address these challenges.
Polar Design’s Public Access TV Expertise
Beginning with the Newton Public Access Television Station and Media Center in Newton, MA in 2011 (www.newtv.org), Polar Design has provided a number of public access TV clients with comprehensive web site solutions. We do so affordably, without sacrificing quality. We know that quality communications is important, but we are also sensitive to the unique budgetary pressures faced by public access TV. And, at the end of the day, public access stations under our solutions can expect results of improved site traffic, increase in online membership sign ups and class registration, more online viewing of their on demand video content, and more.
Most of our solutions include:
- Beautiful, custom logo and/or web design that gives the station a professional, commercial grade image;
- Configuration and setup of an open-source content management solution that allows easy updating of web site content, such as programming, classes, memberships, community events;
- Integration with third party video playback systems like TelVue, Tightrope, Leightronix, YouTube, Vimeo;
– this is a crucial time saving feature that allows stations to publish programming text, images, schedules and video rather than entering it twice through a web site content management solution)
- Integration of community modules in the content management solution such as:
– Interactive homepage slider fully editable by admins to feature top stories, video content, and key messages from the stations
– Photo galleries for studio tours, event pictures
– Community calendars displaying upcoming events, shows, classes
– Custom schedule allowing stations to display their upcoming programs
– RSS feed modules to grab information from other community news outlets
- Community features that engage web site visitors by inviting feedback and interaction through social media;
- E-commerce capabilities to allow stations to accept donations or take online programming DVD orders;
As we continue to bring aboard additional public access TV stations, we also continue to innovate by developing new “modules” and are developing additional features in our content management solution. We also provide ongoing support such as hosting, e-mail, IT services, and technical support once our websites launch so that you can be assured your new communication tool will operate smoothly.