Polar Design is excited to share the latest version of SilverStripe with you. Whether you are an existing client using SilverStripe 2.4, an organization considering a new web site from Polar Design, or using a different Content Management System, implementing SilverStripe 3.1 will bring you the easiest and cleanest editing system possible thanks to their new and improved features. It also features one of the lowest total costs of ownership with its modular architecture, which allows for easy expansion and addition of new modules.
SilverStripe 3.1 brings users:
- Split screen mode to view webpage drafts side-by-side with the editing page (pictured right)
- Version control so users can compare and republish old pages
- Linking within the website keeps hyperlinks active when you change a page name or URL
- Improved image uploading and archiving
- Multilingual options for a website that reaches global audiences
SilverStripe 3.1 technical improvements include:
- Enhanced security with PHP 5.3+ support
- Faster page load time with improved caching
- Enhanced user and content security allows for the creation of secure areas on your site
- Easier development of custom functionality thanks to true separation of the Content Management System and the underlying software development framework
And as always, SilverStripe features premier URL and SEO friendly capabilities, making your website not only easy to manage, but easy to find. As a flexible platform where developers and designers alike can stretch their wings, SilverStripe has received outstanding results and responses from large government agencies to small start-ups, and everything in between.
Spotlight on Westford Community Access Television, a SilverStripe 3.1 website
Polar Design has launched its latest community access website for Westford Community Access Television! WestfordCAT came to Polar Design as part of a plan to make its programming and resources more accessible to members and the general public.
We redesigned their site and built an easy-to-use content management system on SilverStripe 3.1, reducing staff administration time by creating custom interactive modules and integrating the entire website architecture with WestfordCAT’s new Video Playback System.
Automatically creating all of these video pages on SilverStripe has significantly enhanced WestfordCAT’s SEO: pages at www.westfordcat.org now appear in the top 10 or 20 results in Google for many highly relevant medium-tail keywords.
As seen above, Polar Design also built WestfordCAT a custom, cross-platform compatible video player that seamlessly fits with their web site design. Content management solutions like SilverStripe 3.1 allow for professional, custom video integration that adds more content with less work.
To learn more about content management solutions and the special functionality and features they can provide, you can read our blog series Content Management Solutions: Making Website Maintenance Life Easier.